Monday, October 10, 2011

Web 2.0

WOW! Web 2.0 tools are a very neat thing to use in today's education! There is so much learning and collaboration that can be done when using these tools. I have used Wiki before in another class. My classmates and I lived very far from one another and had very different schedules. Using a wiki site allowed us to plan together on our group project without the hassle of trying to tie everyone together with email. This type of tool can be used in the classroom in a similar situation. Groups of students can plan together on the site for group work, teachers can use it to answer questions on homework, as well as involve student input. Using voice thread in the classroom can open many doors for students. It can be a tool for students to collaborate with others, have a voice in their work, and even reach other students far away. Overall, web 2.0 tools are engaging, entertaining for students, and provide a dynamic learning environment that enriches and extends the curriculum.

1 comment:

  1. I agree. Before this lesson, I was very unfamiliar with Web 2.0 tools. I have found out in the last few days that they are very special pieces of equipment. I’ve used Wiki’s before but have never edited one. I use them specifically to get information. Not to give it. I’ve never even heard of voice threads though I’m very interested to make my own just to see how they work. I wish I’d have had more chances to learn about these tools prior to this class. It would have made my other classes a lot easier. As much as I wouldn’t have wanted to take an extra class, an intro to Technology class would have been a good Freshman course especially for teachers or business majors. I thought before this class that I knew a lot about technology and I guess I still feel that way, but almost everything that is taught in the class, I was not experienced with before.

    ~Stacy Hill~

    ReplyDelete